|Gulab jamun through different phases of preparation|
- 1 cup powder milk
- 1 Tbs ghee
- 1 Tbs flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Some cardamom seeds
- oil for frying
|Gulab jamun in the making ;-)|
- Add the water, sugar and cardamom seeds together to prepare the sheera. Let it simmer while you go ahead with the rest of the procedure.
- Mix powder milk, flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add ghee and oil to the mixture. Mix together to form a dough.
- Make small balls and put in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Heat up the oil. It should only be mildly warm before you add the balls to it.
- Deep fry the balls on low flame till they turn brown. Do not overcook to a dark shade.
- Immediately transfer to the hot sheera.
- Let the balls absorb the sheera for 30 minutes and then take them out or you can just let them soak up the entire sheera.